The last recipe I’m sharing seems a bit complex, but it’s pretty simple and very yummy! This cake recipe is titled “The Magic Cake” because of its three layers. Original recipe on jocooks.com.
4 eggs, room temp
¾ cup sugar
8 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¾ all purpose flour
2 cups milk, lukewarm
Powdered sugar for dusting
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Grease an 8 inch x 8 inch baking dish or line with parchment paper.
2. Separate the eggs and beat the egg yolks with the sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add butter and vanilla extract and continue beating for another minute or two after which you can add the flour and mix it in until fully incorporated.
4. Add the milk and beat until everything is well mixed together. Add the egg whites to a mixer and mix until stiff peaks form.
5. Add the egg whites to the cake batter and gently fold them in. Make sure you don’t fold the egg whites in completely, you still want to see some white.
6. Pour batter into baking dish and bake for 40 to 70 minutes or until top is lightly golden. The baking time could vary greatly depending on the oven, so make sure to check on it.
7. Sprinkle some powdered sugar after the cake has cooled and add fruit of choice.